1 Which of the following statements is true?
- Drinking whole milk increases your risk of early death
- Drinking low-fat milk is associated with improved health and a lower risk of death
- Evidence does not support guidelines that discourage saturated fat consumption
A 2014 systematic review concluded current evidence does not support cardiovascular guidelines that discourage saturated fat consumption. Other studies also support consumption of full-fat dairy products such as whole milk, cheese, butter and yogurt. Learn more.
- Eating high-fat cheese raises harmful LDL cholesterol
2 An analysis of 97 peer-reviewed studies found wireless technologies are impacting the environment by:
- Harming mammals, birds, insects and plants
An analysis of peer-reviewed studies concluded wireless technologies are harming mammals, birds, insects and plants. Learn more.
- Boosting plant growth
- Killing rodents and other pests
- Making insects grow larger
3 Which of the following has been identified as the driving factor behind the rising death toll from liver disease?
- Excessive alcohol consumption
Cirrhosis cases nearly doubled between 2001 and 2013, and deaths from cirrhosis increased by 65 percent between 1999 and 2016. According to researchers, the rise in cirrhosis mortality is entirely driven by excess alcohol consumption by young adults. Learn more.
- Insufficient glucose levels
- High-fat diets
- Lack of antioxidants in the diet
4 Which of the following is not a useful strategy for regulating your blood pressure?
- Essential oils
- Intermittent fasting
- Boosting nitric oxide production in your body
- A whole food, unprocessed high-carb diet
Drug-free strategies that can help you regulate your blood pressure include a low-carb diet, exercise, boosting nitric oxide production using nitrate-rich foods and exercise, intermittent fasting, Earthing, essential oils and stress reduction. Learn more.
5 Members of this family of fall vegetables thrive in cool temperatures and are known to become sweeter with a touch of frost:
Cool weather vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, collard greens and kale — members of the cabbage family — prefer chilly fall temperatures and taste even better with a touch of frost. Learn more.
6 The No. 1 consumers of added sugar worldwide live in which country?
For comparison, in the U.S, the No. 1 consumers of sugar worldwide, the average American consumes 31.6 teaspoons of sugar each day. Learn more.
7 Fasting is a powerful detoxification method as it promotes the mobilization of toxins from fat tissue. To avoid complications from the release of toxins, it’s important to:
- Not fast for more than one day
- Limit fluid intake to more like a dry fast
- Take binding agents while fasting
Fasting is a powerful detoxification method as it promotes lipolysis and the mobilization of toxins. To avoid reabsorption, it’s important to take binding agents when fasting. Learn more.
- Avoid fasting when toxic